Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Vegan Brown Sugar Breaded Tofu ...DELICIOUS!!!!

 I received a few emails requesting me to please post my brown sugar breaded tofu, so here it is.....but I have also breaded some zucchini to go with my tofu. I have many tofu recipes on my vegan blog   http://nuestracena-vegancuisine.blogspot.com   if your interested in gluten free vegan meals.

Recipe:

1. Buy yourself a package of the EXTRA firm tofu. This extra firm tofu is the best to use when breading tofu.

2. Cut the tofu in a thin almost medium slices like mine.


3. Mix in a bowl 

1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. garbanzo flour
1/2 c. dairy free vegan flour
1 tsp. Adobo
1/4 c. TVP (textured vegetable protein)
1/4 c. dried onion flakes
 Mix well and set aside.

4. In another bowl pour in 1/2 c. olive oil, that should be enough to coat all the tofu slices (one at a time). In another bowl put in your sliced zucchini. Set the bowls in order like mine, tofu & zucchini then the oil and then the breading.



Preheat your Panini presser, oven or a Cusinart  presser like mine at 350 degrees. I like to put a cookie sheet under mine in case some of the juices drip out of the cooker.


Put the tofu or zucchini inside the oil and then let it drip off a bit, then dip it into the breading.


Once your pan is full of all the breading, press it down and let it get a bit crispy.


Once they are done they should look like this.



 

 I served mine with my Spanish rice & beans...delicious.



I hope you like it, it so delicious...YUM!!!!.

No comments:

Post a Comment