Monday, July 18, 2016

Recipe of the Month...Fetucini Olivio

Spaghetti or Fetuchini Olivio is my recipe. I came up with it as I was creating some vegan recipes for a cook book I plan to publish. This recipe is so delicious that you cannot have one serving, I usually have 2 cups of it because it is so good.

I made Fetuchini Olivio this last week for dinner along with some grilled breaded tofu and some grilled broccoli, red peppers & portobello mushrooms. This dish is very easy to make and it only takes less than 30 minutes to put it together, Here is my recipe and if you decide to make it, please send me a note letting me know if you liked it or what you thought about it. 


Recipe

(1) lb. bag of spaghetti or fetuchini noodles 
1 large yellow onion (diced finely)
7 to 8 sprigs of fresh cilantro (chopped finely) 
7 to 8 garlic cloves (mashed well)
1 cup of olive oil
2 T. non dairy butter or regular butter (if your not a vegan)
1/2-T. garlic powder
1/2-T. onion powder
1/2-t. black pepper & salt 

Boil your fetuchini or spaghetti noodles until tender. In a non stick skillet or cooking pot pour in 1/2 of the olive oil and cook the onions in the olive oil until the onions are tender & crystalized. Then pour in the mashed cilantro & mashed garlic, saute for about 5 minutes, add the noodles and the remaining spices and olive oil. Mix well and add more salt or pepper if needed. Simmer for 8 minutes, stir again and turn the heat off. That is all. It is easy to make. 

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment