It sure was a very busy week last week. To many projects were completed and many things in between that took much of my time. I had a funeral this week and church activities and lesson s kept me very busy, but they were done and now I'm back doing what I love, decorating on a strict budget...FRUGALICIUSLY! This is what this blog is all about.
I had these cushions that I wanted to recover for the balcony and I wanted a red and yellow fabric. After searching for weeks at 3 different fabric stores and online, their prices was to much and I refuse to pay their asking prices. As a very frugal decorator I began to search thrift stores for fabric but I couldn't find what I wanted. Then I came across some ladies tops that had the colors I needed and as I carefully looked at them I realized that by cutting the backs and front of the knit tops I would have enough fabric to cover my cushions. And that's just what I did.
So this is the cushion before(there's 2 of them)
I cut the tops to give the squares...this is the yellow one
this was the red one
here are all the fabric scraps
I sewed both colors together and I slipped in the cushion
this is how they came out, I even took a piece of the red fabric to sew in front of the cream cushions and I decorated them with a cream button.
Now that's a frugalicious makeover. It only cost me $.50 cents for both women's tops and an hour of my time sewing.
Next post, the balcony rocker with its new paint color.
See you all soon.