Sunday, November 22, 2015

Old Thrift Store Floating Shelf Got a New Look

As the days turn darker rather quickly due to the change in daylight savings time, my work at home is slowing down. Now that it is colder and Winter is only a few weeks away, I stretch towards the finish line in furniture restoration and painting.

I am now volunteering at a small thrift store in my neck of the woods and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad one. Since I started there 2 weeks ago I have brought home a few things. I do not need anything concerning my home, but when nice things appear in front of you for a dollar or two you can't resist from grabbing it.

To my surprise I was told by the manager that at the end of each working day I can have for free any items I want that would add up to $5.....AAAAAWWWW! Yes!!!!!

Well I had spotted a floating shelf that was marked for $1 dollar, so I grabbed it and the next day I began my redo on this shelf.

I primed and painted it a deep burgundy to match me bedroom decor and after it was painted I then I decorated it with gold upholstery tacks..It came out lovely, take a look below.

This is the floating shelf before painting it.
Photo 1

Photo 2


Photo 3


This is the after photos and floating above my bed.






Lovely and for free, now that's a FRUGALICIOUS DEAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment