Sunday, November 16, 2014

Used End Tables Repainted and Stained

Hi everyone...I am so happy to be back home after 2 weeks in Puerto Rico. Unfortunately my trip there was not a pleasure trip but a loving humanitarian one. One of the great highlights of my trip was the happy time I had to be around my family and to see my ailing and dying aunt.

Now that I am back I have returned to my decorating.

When I was managing my Father's rental properties about 7 years ago I reaped many rewards. One of them was getting to find many furniture my tenants left behind. One tenant left behind these two small tables. I finally took the time to paint them and refinish the top. 

This is how they were in the before stage. Though they may seem okay they were outdated and very scratched up.


I got this cranberry paint which looks pink but it isn't pink. Its a beautiful deep cranberry which I got at Walmart in their oops paint section for $5.00 dollars.


Every time I open a can of paint I always take a screwdriver and hammer and I make about 5 holes around the inside rim of the can, as shown below. This allows the paint to drip inside the can preventing an overflow of paint on the outside of the can.


After sanding the furniture I gave it 3 good coats of my semi-gloss paint. It looked great.


Then I stained the top (2 times) with a medium stain. Then I gave the top 3 coats of a water base clear gloss to protect the stain. It is beautiful.


Thought the flash makes it look pink, its actually a dark cranberry. Both tables look fabulous.



Not bad for free furniture and only $5 dollars for a gallon of paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment