Monday, May 12, 2014

An Old Mirror With an Antique Look

Hi there...its so nice of you to visit. At home its been very busy trying to get all my house projects finished. Out of 101 projects I had on my "To Do" list, I only have 22 of them to complete all my projects. Here's another one completed.
 
I had this mirror for a few years now. It was given to me by a good friend that told me she knew I could do something nice with it. I kept it the same for all this time but once I moved it from the bathroom to my bedroom, I knew I needed to do something with it.
 
 Here's the mirror before.
 
 
Here's the mirror after with an antique look. I kept the flowers but I antiqued them.
 
 
Before
 
 
After
 
 
This is what I did.
I sanded the frame very well, then I washed it down with tan color paint with a rag, making sure I took off the paint as I put it on the frame. I also painted a cranberry color on the outer edge of the frame before I sanded it all down and put over it the tan paint.
 
 
 
This is the after results
 
 
Here's the outer edge with the antique look in cranberry

 
 
Before
 

 
After
 
 
 
BEAUTIFUL...

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment