Sunday, April 27, 2014

Organizing With Suitcases.

When I downsized from a 3 bedroom house to a 1 bedroom apartment, I sold 3/4 of my contents.
But living in a smaller space doesn't have to be a tight squeeze. Organizing properly a small space can be beautiful and decorative if every space is used correctly.
 
Suitcases bought at thrift stores, Goodwill or garage sales are wonderful to use when organizing a small space. Always remember that many things in your home environment can  serve two purposes.
 
This is what you see in my living room. This stack has a basket, a suitcase and 2 lunch baskets. Each one of them serves 2 purposes...decorative and usage.  The top one has all my sewing needs. The second basket houses all my craft ribbons. The third one has my seasonal window valances. And the last bottom one is full of hanging files. Total cost for my decorative stack...$4 dollars.
 

Here are other great suitcase ideas you can use in your home.



 
Use decorative boxes to decorate and organize your items in or cover your own boxes to match your home decor.


What ever your organizing method may be, try using baskets or suitcases to keep your space well organized.
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Organizing with suitcases is a fabulous idea :) Thanks for sharing and have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, I hope this idea helps you in organizing many items in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you keep in which suitcases ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. household items & out of season clothes

      Delete