Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Kitchen is Slowly Getting a Mini Makeover...Part 1

This is part of my apartment's kitchen. It is a long kitchen but it is comfortable enough for many necessary items and spacious enough to move around in. The cabinets are 30 years old and they are replacing them for cream cabinets...I can't wait for that to happen. But in the meantime I gave my kitchen a mini makeover. I took out all the colors in the kitchen (red & black) and now I have cream, browns and sage greens with a pop of a cranberry shade here and there. So this is what I have done so far. I am happy with the new color.
 
I moved my wicker spice drawers to this wall from the opposite wall, I added my beautiful vinegars and oils to it, some sage green pictures, a cranberry and cream tray, some plants in a cranberry basket and I took out the red place mat under the glass.
 
 
I painted the trash can a lighter color...it was black on the photo before
 
 


The pictures were found in a thrift store for $2 dollars (set of 3). The other one is above my fridge.



 
My cutting board fell on the floor and it broke in two so I re-purposed it. Check out what I did with it.

 
Here is my cutting board in two wooden pieces. After decorating them I put them above my cabinets announcing to the world that I am a "joyful vegan". Next week I will post how I did this project.

 
This is my decorated kitchen, I hope my new cabinets arrive soon. These cabinets are hideous.  
 
I painted the mirror above the sink in black that I found for $1.50 at Goodwill and the very nice wooden pictures in cream & black next to the mirror I found at a thrift store and paid $2.00 dollars for both.

 
Total cost for this mini makeover was $6 dollars counting the small can of cream paint I bought to paint the trash can. I purchased the quart for .50 cents at Home Depot in their mis-tint section.


More pictures will be posted as the kitchen gets more new items changed and decorated.
 
HAVE A FRUGALICIOUS WEEK.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment