Saturday, February 1, 2014

Garage Sale Finds...Part 1

Welcome, it is so nice to see you again.
 
There's an old saying,
 
 "One man's trash is a another man's treasure". 
 
 That is so true.
 
Garage sales, thrift sores and flea markets are the places to go when you want to find unusual items and some very lovely ones too. Here is a small part of all the things I have gotten at these places...take a look.
 
A plate rack for $1.
 
 
A picture...I painted the frame in black and I paid nothing for it...one of the many treasures I find when tenants move out.

 
The wall mirror $2, the lamp $1, the clock $1, my ceramic bracelet box $ and all the old 40's hats  over my bed-$1 each.


 This green urn $1.
 
 
Ceramic jewelry box $1.

 
This wooden frame was $.75 cents unpainted, I painted it to match my living room. Small mirrors were .50 cents each.

 
Key holder $1.

 
This beautiful old rooster was $1.50

 
Tray $ $1, pictures (set of 3) $2, old glass bottles $1 each...they hold my vinaigrette's..

 
These small glass jars were .25 cents each...they house my shredded coconut, dried cranberries, raisins, hard candy and pumpkin seeds.

 
Every picture frame in this wall was bought at a rummage sale, some of them were nice and some of them needed a touch of paint...this is my lovely and cheap wall. I only paid .50 cents to $1 for each frame.

 
All the mirrors on this wall were only $1 to $2 dollars each. The small "quarto" guitar was $5.

 
This lovely trunk lamp was only $2. Picture frame .50 cents and necklace .25 cents.

 
I buy necklaces a lot, but I don't use them on myself...I use them as tiebacks to embellish my curtains and bath towels.

 
 
I found this ottoman for $2, my leather chairs (set of 2) for nothing and the round table $5. 
 


This beautiful rug in my bedroom was only $10.

 
In order to decorate your home you do not need to spend a fortune. You only need to spend time searching for treasures that others think its trash.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment