Sunday, June 30, 2013

Beautiful Feet for Very little Money

 
If you are like me you  love, love LOVE!!!!... pedicures. I truly enjoy having my feet scrubbed and massaged; but since I am a very frugal person, pedicures cost me only pennies. Don't get me wrong I go 3 times a year to have that luxury done ($65.00 dollars) each time I go... but I do get them done. The greatest thing is that I do my own pedicures every other week. I have all the tools a pedicure requires and twice a week I give myself that luxury for about $1.00.
 
This is the cleansing scrub formula I whip up every 2 weeks:
 
1. Soak your feet in this easy mix I prepare to eliminate bacteria and if your feet tend to smell often you may want to try this formula to eliminate odors for good.
 
Mix 2 T. apple cider vinegar, 1 good squirt of Dawn dish soap and 1 tsp. lemon juice in a basin filled with warm water...soak your feet in there for 15 minutes, then take a foot brush and brush the entire foot, toes and heel well with this soapy mixture. Rinse in cool water and towel dry.
 
 
 
 
2. Mix in a small bowl...1 T. real mayonnaise, 1/2 of an over ripe avocado, 2 T. olive oil. Mix well until all the ingredients have softened and no lumps are visible...set aside.
 
Then, Sand well your entire foot, toe nails, heels and any rough edges...then cut or scrape off any loose skin with a pedicure scraper with its proper scraper blade. If you don't have one use cuticle nippers or small nail scissors.
 
Once your feet are cleaned of all loose skin, rough spots and your toes are cleaned and manicured well, rinse with warm water, towel dry and then spread the avocado mixture all over you feet, heels and legs from the knees down. Let it sit there for 10 minutes and then rinse well with cool water. Your feet and legs should be super silky and smooth. 
 
3. Lotion your legs and feet, massage well for about 5 minutes to 10 minutes each leg and foot. Then with a small cotton ball smear some polish remover over the toe nails to help the polish adhesive well to the nail. Give yourself 2 coats of polish, let them dry well before polishing them with 2 coats of  nail gloss over the nail polish.
 
 
 
Results...Beautiful soft feet and nicely manicured toes.
 


1 comment: