Sunday, May 26, 2013

Covering a Small Toss Pillow...The Easy Way

 Wow, so far Spring time has been a super busy one for me. I have been changing curtains, Spring cleaning, organizing and decorating my home on a cheap budget and it looks great. I will inform you slowly on my progression and what I'm doing.
 
I wanted to show you how I covered an old small toss pillow I had from this...
 
 
 
...to this.


 
It was simple and I did it all in less than 30 minutes.
 
First I cut the fabric into a round circle, leaving enough to cover the pillow and leaving me enough fabric to bring towards the center. 
 
 
Once the pillow was place in the center , I slowly hot glued the fabric to the center of the pillow making folded creases as I slowly went around the pillow.
 
 
This picture shows the creases better.
 
 
As you slowly get to the closing edges you may have enough fabric to make a flower like mine or you can close the center with a large button.
 
Once the pillow is finished the edges should look like this. 
 
 
I completed my pillow by wrapping a dark gold ribbon around the ruffled flower that matched the fabric I used, trying it into a bow. 
 


Total cost:
 
Pillow- 0 dollars
Fabric- .50 cents at a closeout
Ribbon- .5 cents at a garage sale
Total spent= .55 cents
 
Can't beat this frugalicious deal!
 

Have yourself a frugalicious week.



No comments:

Post a Comment