Sunday, February 10, 2013

Old Chair, New Chair

Several years ago I bought this chair at a garage sale for $2.00. I lend it to my aunt to use on her writing desk and after she moved in with her daughter, the chair was returned back to me. This chair was sad looking and I felt it needed a new face lift.

Since I bought a new desk for my office and I gave my grand-daughter my old antique desk for her bedroom; I decided it was time to revamp this old chair for her to use with the desk. So check out the before and the after photos and let me know what you think?
 
This is the chair before:

 
Here is the chair after:
 
 
I sanded, primed the chair, I first hand painted the leopard design on the backrest.
 

 
I nailed some antique tacks in front of the chair to pop up the modern look and
I reupholstered the new cushion.

 

I painted the chair with a black matte paint. When my grand-daughter saw it she loved it.
 And since being frugal is my main goal in every project I do, the beautiful fabric used on the chair was a skirt I owned and did not wear anymore. The design and the colors were so beautiful I had to use it on this chair...plus black and teal are the colors in her bedroom.
 
Total spent for this project $3.50.
 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the fabric you chose for this chair Millie.

    ReplyDelete