Sunday, February 24, 2013

New Bed, No Headboard

 
Its been 1 year since my ex-husband customly constructed my new bed and now I am pondering on should I have a headboard made for my new bed, should I paint a large painting to go up on the wall as a headboard, should I use a variety of large prints (like 6 frames) as a headboard, maybe 3 old withered farmhouse shutters or one large old door with photo frames hanging on it...I have too many ideas in my head on what to do. So I need your help. 
 
Give me your feedback on what should I use as a headboard. Also I have included some photos of my bed being made. The bed is solid oak.
 
 
 
 
 
I wanted a twin and a half size bed with doors underneath for storage.
 
 
 
 
Since I have severe crippling Rheumatoid Arthritis I needed a super firm bed. He ordered the hardest foam available cutting it to fit the size of the bed and reupholstered it in a beautiful fabric.
 



My ex-husband has been a master in wood working and a custom upholsterer for the past 50 years.
 


I hope you all have great ideas to share with me...thanks.




3 comments:

  1. I have a couple of ideas for a headboard, Millie! One is a headboard with soft padding, and the other one is a headboard that has a mini shelf where you could put books, an alarm clock, and whatnot. I hope you like my ideas! ;D Love your bed, by the way!

    Aniyah Bautista

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete