Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Grand-daughter's Ladybug Theme Bedroom

 
I was so happy when my grand-daughter (10 yrs. old) asked me to paint her bedroom in a Ladybug/ frog theme.  My grand-daughter Natalia choose the ladybug bedspread first and then our theme inspiration began to emerge.
 
The color on the walls is from Shermin Williams. It is called "Dancing Green". I used a satin finish so it can be washed with soap & water if needed.

 
Here's the fairy tale tree I painted for her.
 
A hole on the tree is the house I painted for the ladybugs to sleep in.



The tree has 2 shades of green, some white and some yellow for highlighting.  It was all done with a sea sponge.
 
 




I painted a ladder to help the ladybugs get into their hole.




and some pretty flowers.
 
 


I picked up the bulletin board for $1.00 at Goodwill, I painted the edges and covered the front with the frog fabric she wanted.



Some decorative ladybug buttons went well with the theme of the room.




I picked up this chair for free on the curb two blocks from my house.
 
Here is the chair before


 
and here is the chair after, new cushion, new paint and new frog fabric.




I put some more ladybugs behind the chair.


I got her a new desk
 

 

I got the desk and the shelf with 3 drawers...both for $20.00 dollars at a rummage sale. It was in mint condition...no repairs or painting needed.
 
 
 
You can now see her tree.



I made 2 cornices from 5 heavy duty Styrofoam sheets and upholstered them with batting and a ladybug fabric.
 




One bedroom done and another one to do in a teen theme...I have to put on my thinking cap for this one after I interview my teen age grand-daughter on what she wants in her bedroom.  





3 comments:

  1. I love this room. It is the same colour and the same bedspread that I put in my daughter's room after we took her out of the crib. You are sooooooo talented. I have only been on this first post. I am very excited to go thru all of yours posts. You are definitely one of my weekly reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky. I hope to hear from you again.

      Delete
  2. Oh so cuteee!

    http://fashionmuffins945.blogspot.com/2013/01/it-tastes-like-lemonade.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete