Sunday, January 6, 2013

Blog Introduction and Desk/ Vanity Facelift

 
Hello everyone.
 
My name is Millie. I have so many great things to share with you. My home, my frugal  purchases, my ups and downs of restoring, painting and decorating my apartment. I painted and decorated many homes for the past 25 years and I plan to share some of these experiences  with you. 
 
Three years ago I moved into my lovely apartment and since decorating is one of my passions,  I thought I could share with you what I have done to it so far. It was not easy for me to downsize from a large 3 bedroom house into an apartment, but I did it.  
 
 I find that I can get lovely things to decorate my home at Rummage sales, garage sales, thrift stores and closeouts for very little money and for a lot better quality. Whenever I find something I like I will always try to convince the seller to lower the price. They usually don't like it but if I can get it for less money I am willing to try.
 
 A few years ago I picked up this desk/vanity at our local Goodwill store for $20 dollars. It was in need of a new face lift. I brought it home and sanded it until the wood was very smooth, I primed with a dark gray primer and then I painted it in a lovely high gloss black. It came out fabulous.
 
 
Before
 
 
 
After
 
 
 
Before
 

After
 
 
Love the desk...
I hope I can inspire you to make your home or apartment a little heaven on earth for very little money...hope to see you soon.
 


1 comment:

  1. That was a neat piece to begin with. I love finding unique pieces and making them my own. You did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete